Check out one of the several Breast Cancer Awareness Month events around town. Here are a few to get you started!
• Oct. 10, 9–10:30 am: Chicks, Cupcakes, and Coffee — A Breast Cancer Awareness Breakfast Seminar at New American Chamber of Commerce, 26 Court St. between Clinton Street and Cadman Plaza West, Suite 701, www.mynacc.org.
• Oct. 18: Yacht Club Pink Party at South Street Seaport, Pier 16, New York, NY www.komennyc.org.
• Oct. 18–19: Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, a walking tour of the Big Apple. Take in Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and Radio City Music Hall, plus stunning views of Manhattan while crossing the iconic Brooklyn Bridge, www.avonwalk.org/new-york.
• Oct. 19 at 11 am: American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk at Prospect Park at The Nethermead, Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard in Brooklyn; register at 8 am, (800) 227–2345, www.makingstrideswalk.org.
• Oct. 19, 3–10 pm: Diva Dynasty Magazine’s breast cancer event at the Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration, 1368 Fulton St. between Kingston and Throop avenues, (718) 636–6900.
• Oct. 29 at 6 pm: Breast Cancer Through the Looking Glass, a lecture about predictions in their field on breast cancer screening, treatment, and survivorship by Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert and Perlmutter Cancer Center, at Brooklyn Supreme Court, 360 Adams St.; (212) 263–2266, e-mail CancerEvents@nyumc.org or reserve online at http://cancer.med.nyu.edu/rsvp.